Saturday, September 5, 2009

About This Site

Steam Trains and Ghosts was born in the spring of 2009 when I was marketing around my first novel, Grizelda. It didn’t get any nibbles from agents I’d read went in for that sort of thing. Not to be deterred, I podcasted Grizelda for free on Podiobooks. It’s been a great experience. The feedback it’s getting from the community there is constantly teaching me how to be a better writer and marketer. I’m still trying to crack into the traditional publishing market, but for the time being I’m an author in new media.

The purpose of this blog is to get the word out about upcoming and current work of mine and to connect with other e-writers. I like to point out the great work getting done out there by people more creative than myself. Here you can find book reviews, commentary, cartoons, recipes, and other miscellany about issues near and dear to my heart.

As for the author, I’m a more or less tech-savvy millennial, though I don’t know how to write code and I still don’t own a cell phone. In real life I’m a biochemistry major at Carleton College in the itty bitty town of Northfield, MN. It’s where Jesse James was finally captured and arrested – probably because he was freezing his butt off. I like slime molds, cats, underbaked brownies, the incompleteness paradox, really old graveyards, and the color green.

No comments:

Post a Comment